Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, January 8, 2015

A new way of being

“Run my dear,
From anything
That may not strengthen
Your precious budding wings.”
― Hafez
____________________________________


how often
do we spend time doing things
that erode us
tire us
drag us to the ground

how many times a day do we walk into a meeting
or an appointment and feel our energy
rush from our body
into the earth
enervating us?

do we know why we are doing what we are doing?
do we know why (outside of making money) we stay in the work we do
do we have a clear vision of our role?

Sometimes it is in how we frame things
in my work I have had a certain role for a long time
but that role, as it has been defined
clips my spiritual wings

but there is a way of doing the same job
but doing it such a way as to strengthen
budding wings

simple thought
what if, instead of working on program development and associated details
I worked on developing an internal culture, internal philosophy of practice

what if I saw my role as being a certain kind of presence
teaching, exhibiting a certain kind of presence
and changing the entire way we approach the programs we implement?

Its an unformed idea really
But seriously

Being in touch with the Presence (the sacred)
In such a way that you become a certain kind of presence
And change the dynamic permeates the organization
(look at Thich Nhat Hanh’s book on “Power” for a much better description)
Just odd thoughts as I head into a meeting
That would normally be almost terminal

I wonder if I can be in that meeting today
a different way
(boy I hope no one from the group reads this J   )

Blessings
SK

No comments:

Post a Comment