Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, January 1, 2015

Grabbing the moment, and letting it go

He who binds to himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy;
But he who kisses the joy as it flies
Live in eternity’s sun rise
William Blake
20131203_064456_LLS
Ah those things I cannot let go
Those things I must have
or die
proverbially
a thousand deaths
I must have that success
I must be loved by THAT person
I must have that kind of love
I must be accepted
Admired
And liked
I must be needed, important
And relevant
So many things can bring me joy
Those very same things can bring be pain
If cannot let them go
When I cannot enjoy them for the moment
But must have them forever
Must have them as mine
Attachment
May well
Kill the joy
But if I can simply grab for one moment
A sense of being loved
Or for a moment see the grandeur of God in
The sparkle of the fresh snow,
Or in the grand reach of the mountain into the blue.
If I can celebrate the moment
In which things worked together for good
And then, let go, and move on freely to the next moment
Ah
then joy flies
again, freely into the brilliant sky

No comments:

Post a Comment