Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, January 29, 2015

Sacred Places

There is no spot on earth that ever became sacred until something danced there
maybe it was just an atom or two...
There is no place in existence that ever became sacred until something sang there
even it just be a molecule, that is enough.  I hear they croon all the time...
Strange the seriousness I see a around the shrines of perfect saints.....
                                                                             Hafiz
__________________________________________________________

I love my sacred places
Those special spots, where my soul danced
and my heart sang

Those places where time stopped
and the moment was eternal

These are my shrines
my "God places"
where the sacred broke through

It might be a place where
I saw my child play
or heard music of inexpressible beauty

It might be a place where sitting side by side
with someone deeply loved
the mundane was turned into the sacred

It might be a place
where family gathered, and celebrated

or a place where goodbyes
eternal, or otherwise
were said

These are the places where
I dance my faith...
and sing for joy to the heavens

where there is laughter
and the heat of love
where smiles break forth

Thank you God
for the moments
the people
the places 
that have opened the gates to heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment