Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, October 22, 2016

Ego

" Your ego is a roadblock
rise above yourself .....
and witness
.... wonders. "
                             - Hafiz
_____________________________

I have come to realize
That I am often the greatest barrier
To my hopes and dreams

That self that does not value enough
and wallows in feelings of inadequacy
is no more to blame than that self
that is myopic and can think only of its
own perspective

both a sense of self that is too low
and too high
are a form of arrogance

both pulling attention to “me”
and exaggerating what should be expected
what can be expected

some mornings the best thing I can do
is simply breathe
accept the gift that is me

and open my arms, my heart, my mind, my soul
to the wonders of this new day

No comments:

Post a Comment