Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Dreadful and Wonderful

“Life is both dreadful and wonderful. To practice meditation is to be in touch with both aspects.”
― Thich Nhat Hanh, Being Peace
_________________________________

Today I saw the sun rise,
It was wonderful

Today I read hateful comments on the internet
It was dreadful

Today the wind blew
And the trees sang
I was wonderful

Today my mind took me into dark, musty corners
It was dreadful

I live with beauty and ugliness
Surrounded by love and hate

I am strong and weak
Wise and foolish
Good and bad

The only way to live fully is grab hold of the world
As it is
To accept myself, as I am

I am both dreadful and wonderful
Life is both dreadful and wonderful

I can live with that
(as if I have a choice)

1 comment:

  1. Dreadful is the perfect word. A meditation on "fullness."

    ReplyDelete