Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, October 15, 2016

We are better than this

In terms of spiritual practice, “taking in the good” highlights key states of mind
Such as kindness and inner peace,
So you can find your way back to them again
                                                          Richard Hason, Buddha’s Brain, p. 76

I am larger, better than I thought,
I did not know I held so much goodness
                                                          Walt Whitman, “Song of the Open Road”

______________________________________

It was a dark and stormy day
The rain bowed my head
And the wind bent my body

Inwardly I cursed
And I let the darkness assail my soul

And then for a moment
The sun broke through
And shown through leaves

Kissed with Sacred love
Glowing in radiant wetness
Purple and green
Orange and yellow
The shades of hope

And in that moment
I took in the good
And found a place to rest
And breathe
And believe

A refuge
A homeland
Of the soul

No comments:

Post a Comment