Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, October 1, 2016

It's not about me

I have lost my smile,
but don't worry.
The dandelion has it.
― Thich Nhat Hanh, Peace Is Every Step
_________________________________

I want to be happy
I really do
I want to be loved
And hopeful
And content

I want to feel as if I have a reason to be here
As if I have made a difference by my presence

So often I am not happy
Or hopeful, or content
I search for love
And wonder if I have had a positive impact at all
At all

What foolishness
(and arrogance too)
To think this way

It is not my happiness that counts
My satisfaction
It is not about me

It is about us
About you, and I
About all those I know
And those I don’t know

It is about the mountains
And the rivers
The skies
And the rich earth

It is about trees
And flowers

And dandelions
Who wear a Sacred smile

1 comment:

  1. I think it is impossible not to have made a difference, though how it is made astonishes me constantly. This difference one makes deliberately one can see directly, but that other difference one makes simply by stirring and being doesn't seem to follow a linear path or prove cause and effect. It pops up and shouts "surprise"!!

    ReplyDelete