Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, March 4, 2013

Another day, another week, another month

Monday morning
5 am
ahead of me lies

another day
another week 
another month

so what?

sometimes the prospect makes me queasy
sometimes
tire
and yet sometimes
sometimes
I am ready to live
eager
and excited about what lies ahead

what makes the difference?

honestly?
its how I frame my day

is it a day of appointments
and meetings
filing reports
developing plans
for lovely State bureaucracies?

or is it a day
when I will be with people I like
a day full of opportunties
to listen
and care
and share compassion
and hope

a day to give
and recieve?
 
Lord this day
 
May I listen
May I be at ease
May I love
May I be
joyful
 

No comments:

Post a Comment