Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, March 17, 2013

Just relax (in God's love)


Crazy Kramer
my 18 year old barn cat
who for years
and years

has been a talker

each morning he comes in from the cold
and talks
rather complains
pacing the house 
he protests
as only a cat can protest
and looks at me
with those pleading cat eyes

food
he has
water 
he has
what does he want
this insatiable feline?

I suspect 
attention and love
but perhaps his head just itches

but the harder he tries
the more irritated I get
(not knowing what else I can do)
 why doesn't he understand
that he will get all the attention he wants
if he simply shuts up
and curls at my feet
or on the couch next to me

this incessant whining
why doesn’t he just relax
and accept and enjoy my love?

Ah!
So it is
With God
And me

I suspect God is more patient than I am

4 comments:

  1. He just wants you to pick him up and hold him....that's all. Show you care and that is enough....the power of touch. Simple

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitties can be quite picky about how they want touch. And creatures without words can sure be hard to figure out sometimes!

    My kitty is often quite happy if I pick her up and just carry her around with me in the morning, while i tend to a few minor one handed chores. I've found it's a good compromise. Once she's warmed up from the outdoor cold, she seems content.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had Kramer since he was a kitten.. about 18 years :)
    He gets lots of love

    He's just needier these days... I used him as an example to note not that he doesn't get loved, but that I am much like him, calling to God, and seeking love, incessantly...

    and of course, God is always there.... just as I hope I am always there for "my boy'

    ReplyDelete