Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, March 13, 2013

God is courting me!

In the darkness of the morn
ankle deep in 
mud of late winter
early spring
Sadie
Queen of the Pasture
supreme
nuzzles me

restless and predatory
wandering 
the vastness of my living room
multicolored and sleek
Tess
the jungle cat 
takes a moment
and with questioning eyes
rubs against me
and raises her mostly silent voice
to say hello
"squeak"

ah
there from my computer screen
fresh from facebook
so many miles away
perched on the other side of America
in her high chair
full of herself
full of life
full of cheerios 
Mara beams

God is courting me

No comments:

Post a Comment