Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, April 5, 2013

Let it rain

In the early dawn
with sky steely blue
and trees
still black

I walk in the rain

It is a different world after the rain

the rain spatters against
the trees and rocks
and makes
wonderful patterns of sound
against the fall leaves
still comforting the earth

its is like a gentle massage of
ear
and soul

the earth smells
richer
deeper
and fresher

rocks and branches
gleam
freshly washed of the dust

the earth gives
underneath my feet
opening to me and taking me in

I may grumble at times
when it rains
for I usually prefer the sunny days
when colors abound
and one can see forever

but sometimes
these wet days
of darkness and clouds
and rain
where I can only peer into the mist
and remember what is beyond

bring freshness to both the earth
and my soul

Let it rain

No comments:

Post a Comment