Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Relationships

Relationships
can't live with them
can't live without them

as an introvert I find relationships a challenge
I can be friendly
and articulate about things that matter to me
I can smile
and even attend

and honestly
if we are being honest
I care a lot about people
I will do almost anything for someone I care about
I can't get very invested
even over invested
in another
wanting all the best for them

often behind the scenes I am supporting
protecting
helping

but often I am a stealth friend

because when it comes to
just being with another person?
that is scary
tiring
confusing
and I feel more like
the 13 year old Stephen
a little awkward
ears sticking out
buzz cut
ugly glasses
and lets not forget that back brace

I am an introvert
pure and simple
so I care
and people don't really know 
I think about others
but I often don't let them know
I work for others
and
well
they don't know
 
and then
ah yes, this is the fun part
I find myself frustrated
by the isolation which I myself have created
 
so at work
at church
even at home
certainly in the community
I become a human doing
using what I accomplish as the measure of my existence
and
I long for what I seem to struggle most to build
 
friendship

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment