Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, April 1, 2013

Resurrection Day

Wine is like the Lord Jesus, it can bring 
the dead to life (Hafiz)

__________________________________________________

it is a thankless task
rooting around in my flower beds
early spring

here high in the mountains
there are few signs
that my yard
will once again
find resurrection

all looks brown
and dead
deer eaten
and ragged

and yet the power
of God
to bring the dead back to life

dead plants
dead hope
dead hearts
dead souls
 
is ever evident
Easter is not the only resurrection day
 
my soul
my heart
finds new life
in the beauty of the sunrise
the beauty of my grandaughter
the gentle nudge of a friendly mare
the warmth of the sun on my shoulders
the warm embrace of a friend
 
Every day
is 
resurrection day

No comments:

Post a Comment