Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Building Bridges

"Our hunger to belong is the longing to find a bridge across the distance from isolation to intimacy."
-John O'Donohue
____________________________________________-

I sit and listen
to voices share their love for someone
once here,
now gone

I watch as lifelong friends
banter on FaceBook,
and post pictures of joyous reunions
planned get aways
celebrating,
belonging

I have never been quite sure if I belonged
from grade school, through high school
from college to graduate school and beyond

I was always
just a touch outside the circle of love

I was not rejected
I have always been talented, reasonably good looking
articulate and accomplished
and, I believed, loved

and yet
I did not know how to bridge the gap
From isolation to intimacy
I did not know, and perhaps still do not know
How to move from longing to belong

It is not for want of longing
or trying
somehow, somewhere along the line
something,
some part of the divine design simply
did not wake up

and so I sit on the edge so close
but so far


but life is not over
not quite over

and I believe people want
to share intimacy with me

there is are still lessons to be learned

and Sacred is never finished
building bridges

No comments:

Post a Comment