Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, June 1, 2016

You are more than you think you are

If you stop trying to make yourself more than you are, out of fear that you are less than you are, whoever you really are will be a lot lighter and happier and easier to live with, too.”
― Jon Kabat-Zinn, Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life
______________________________________________________________________________

my mother used to say

“remember who you are”

as if!

this has been, perhaps, the greatest struggle of my life
to remember who I am

child of God
intelligent, gifted, sensitive
caring, compassionate, forgiving
bearing the image of the Sacred One

I think I have the Beloved’s eyes

but so often I forget
I fear that I am less than I am
I try to make myself more than I am

and in doing so burden myself with the need to perform
I assert myself, when I should lift up others
I talk when I should listen
I push my way into the circle, wanting to belong,
but become instead an irritating intruder

but there are moments when I remember
and travel light

and in those moments
Sacred shines through
and I am at peace
I am happy

So

remember who YOU are!
you are better than you think

No comments:

Post a Comment