Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, August 7, 2016

Children of God

I was suddenly overwhelmed with the realization that I loved all these people, that they were mine and I theirs, that we could not be alien to one another even though we were total strangers. It was like waking from a dream of separateness. . . Then it was as if I suddenly saw the secret beauty of their hearts, the depths of their hearts where neither sin nor desire nor self-knowledge can reach, the core of their reality, the person that each one is in God's eyes."
                                                                                                                   Thomas Merton
___________________________________________________________________

Either the world is full of strangers
to be feared
perhaps hated

or the world is full of brothers and sisters
who share the Divine image
and are each
precious and valuable

to be respected
and greeted

seen as God sees them
child of God

can I do this
have this revelation?

only if I dare believe
that I am seen by God

and that is how God sees me

No comments:

Post a Comment