Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, February 16, 2017

spirituality trumps selfishness

"The purpose of prayer is .....to get rid of self-conceit.
One who is ego-centric and selfish .... cannot achieve anything spiritually. "
                                           Hazrat Khwaja Nizamuddin Auliya

You don’t have to be a perfect person or in a certain place to experience the fullness of God. God is always given, incarnate in every moment, and present to those who know how to be present themselves. Strangely enough, it is often imperfect people and people in quite secular settings who encounter “The Presence” (Parousia, “fullness”), more than overtly religious people preoccupied with doing their rituals correctly.  Richard Rohr
_______________________________________________

Spiritually
The biggest mistake I can make
Is to think it is all about me

My intelligence
My discipline
My wisdom
My knowledge
My depth
My training

As if

Ultimately
It is about myself
Losing myself in the silence
In the space
In that which is sacred, big, beautiful
In the grandeur of the mountain
In the quiet noisiness of the woods
In the beauty of light through stained glass
In broken bread, and wine

Losing myself in the fullness
Finding myself in the fullness

Knowing how great!
And how small
I
Am

No comments:

Post a Comment