Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, April 1, 2017

God does crazy things

And our problems will crumble apart, the soul / blow through like a wind, and here where we live
will all be clean again, with fresh bread on the table.”
                                                                         Pablo Neruda,
_____________________________________________

Connect with the sacred
I learned as child

And all things will become fresh and new
The desert will bloom
The crooked way made straight

And yet my Exodus has lasted
More than 40 years

And as I wander amidst
The rock and sands, there are moments
When dry and brittle
I wonder if I will reach that place

Where the table is full
Of fresh bread, and I can rest
Content

Yet always in the air
The scent of living water lingers
Drawing me onward

Hopeful still

You know what I love about God?!
That God really does do crazy things
Like bring water out of a rock
And causing the desert to bloom
And bringing hope out despair
And life out of death

And here is the truth
The thing that I know

God is the only one I know
Who can get water out of a rock,
And love, and compassion, hope and generosity
Out of me

No comments:

Post a Comment