Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, April 12, 2017

let it go

“Death is a stripping away of all that is not you. The secret of life is to "die before you die" --- and find that there is no death.”
                             Eckhart Tolle

For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it.”
                             Jesus (Luke 9)
_____________________________________________

I don’t mind death
Its life that bugs me

I have picked up so much crap
Along the way
Expectations
Rules
Judgments
Values

And I cling to it all
Desperately at times
Afraid to let go

For fear that if it goes
So will I.

For I have allowed all of this
Which is not me
To become me

it must die
all of it
I must let it go
As painful and scary as that might be

Titles
Power
Money
My attachment to success
And admiration

I must be stripped down
to nothing, prepared for burial

hands empty
soul naked
with nothing, nothing, nothing
but with everything

Then, having died before I die
I will gaze into eternity
Knowing there is no death

And free

Free to be
Simply be, in the moment
accepting the way I feel, noticing my thoughts,
and doing what I care about

No comments:

Post a Comment