Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, April 5, 2017

little deaths

Some changes look negative on the surface
but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life
for something new to emerge.”
                                                           Eckhart Tolle
__________________________________

I want to change
I don’t want to change

Sometimes the changes I want are good,
But sometimes they are the worst
That could happen

Sometimes the changes I fear
Are fearful indeed
But sometimes they are not the ending I fear
But merely another beginning

I want to be richer and wiser
And so I strive
But in striving lose so much

I don’t want to grow older
And weaker
I don’t want to let go of dreams
Of power
Of titles and acclaim

But sometimes hidden in those losses
Are treasures
Untapped wealth

Letting go leaves my hands free
My heart free
My mind free
My time free

For something new

All those little deaths
And perhaps the big death too
Are merely the prelude
To resurrection

No comments:

Post a Comment