Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, April 13, 2019

showing up


Living in the Wonder teaches us to “show up” . . . and “showing up” teaches us to “be with” the Beloved. . . .

The Beloved is not in a far-off land, waiting for us to catch up with him (or her). . . . The Beloved is Love and there is no other place for Love to be than in the act of holding tightly to you and to me. Deep within the recesses of our very being, we are held . . . known . . . treasured . . . not “out there” somewhere, but in the very Wonder of Love . . . in the very seat of the Heart . . . in the very core of the Soul.

The more we live in the Wonder and welcome our placement in this very heart of Love, the easier it is to trust . . . to “release our fears” . . . to live without proclaiming certainties . . . to settle into this very core we can only call Love.
                                                                                  Richard Rohr
____________________________________

We often talk about trudging through life
How tragic

If I cannot wake up in the morning
and be captivated by the beauty of the world that surrounds me
up here in the middle of nowhere
the center of the universe

then there is something wrong
seriously
wrong

it means that somehow I have stopped
living in the wonder

I have stopped breathing in the Sacred
which is present in every breath I take
in the pneuma , the Spirit, the Sacred

and have decided that God is “far away”
up there, out there
that the Sacred is someone, something that must be chased after

but my experience with God is that God is indeed
as near as my breath
as near as the beating of my heart

God is love
And love just is

It is present
It is pervasive
It is persistent

But above all it is present

“The Beloved is not in a far-off land, waiting for us to catch up with him (or her). . . .
The Beloved is Love
and there is no other place for Love to be
than in the act of holding tightly to you and to me”  (Rohr)

so when I wake up
with aches and pains

and with a monkey brain full of things to be done

when I sit in my study
full of fear, and anger,

Love is there
Holding me tight

Telling me it will be alright
Telling me I am loved

Freeing me
To notice the crispness of a spring morning
And the sun peeking out of the clouds
And the smell of rain


No comments:

Post a Comment