Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, June 15, 2019

You can rise


“You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.”
 Maya Angelou
_________________________

These days it doesn’t take much to push me to brink of defeat

A parishioner responding badly to what felt like an innocent post
A bad review from a person rating your workshop
Another day of lies from politicians
Another walk with my monkey brain saying

“you suck”

I remember a time when I felt I was effective
Witty
Smart
Articulate
Handsome
Powerful
Persuasive
Helpful
Even sexy

But now?

If feels as if I live on the edge of incompetence

As if I am not longer
Witty
Smart articulate
Handsome
Powerful
Persuasive
Helpful
Or sexy

I just feel space
I have roles I probably should hand over to others

I remember a couple years ago when my board
Confirmed my worst fears
“You suck” they said
“You are gone”

And so I was

Replaced by people with more energy
More smarts
More charisma
More attention to detail

And now, too many days I am saying that to myself

Time to wrap it up
Call it a day
Or a life (not that is not a suicidal statement)

It is hard to let go
Of the illusion of competence

But I suspect that if I just accepted
And de-fused

It would be better for the world
And perhaps
Even better
For me

No comments:

Post a Comment