Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Choices, choices

A voice comes to your souls saying,

Lift your foot.  Cross over.

Move into emptiness

of question and answer and question

                     Rumi

_______________________

 

how many choices does one make in a day?

from the moment one swings one’s feet out of bed

there are choices to be made

 

and every choice creates a new choice

and every choice changes the next choices

 

we are forever at a threshold

forever dancing on thin places

in liminal space

 

and we have only one job in life

to dance with the Spirit and make the next

right

choice

 

what is the “right” choice?

the right choice is the one that leads us toward

the Kingdom

 

the next right choice is that one

that causes us to live

as if we had crossed the threshold into a place

where Love rules

 

and where anything that is not love can cannot exist

 

the next right choice

must always move one toward

way of love

 

love of God

healthy love of self

love of other

 

when I get up

will I rush into my day?

or will I take a moment and breath deeply

breathing God in, breathing despair out?

 

when I get up will I choose to rush to the computer

and to the wasteland of Facebook

or will I choose to put on my shoes and walk in the ethereal pink

of early morning

 

when I am faced with words from another,

or with news

or with a behavior

that hurts my soul

will I choose to respond harshly, or will I choose to respond honestly,

but with love?

 

so often

most often

I do not think about my choices

 

but this day my challenge for myself

and for you

is to walk gently through each moment

mindfully through each choice

 

for we are forever at a threshold

forever dancing on thin places

in liminal space

 

No comments:

Post a Comment