Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, December 4, 2021

Catch the wind

In the chilly hours and minutes

Of uncertainty, I want to be

In the warm hold of your loving mind

To feel you all around me

And to take your hand, along the sand

Ah, but I may as well try and catch the wind…

 

When rain has hung the leaves with tears

I want you near, to kill my fears

To help me to leave all my blues behind

For standin' in your heart

Is where I want to be, and I long to be

Ah, but I may as well, try and catch the wind…

Songwriters: Leitch Donovan Phillips

_______________

 

in those hours and minutes

in the darkness

 

in that time between when one wakes,

and when one dares to brave the morn

 

in that time when the hungry ghosts

rush screaming through one’s head

 

in that time when all the ills of the world

come rushing in

 

it is time

to be held by Love

 

yes, Sacred comes like the wind,

which we cannot containing

rushing through us, disturbing

 

yes, Sacred comes like fire

hot and searing

cleansing

 

but Sacred also comes like a Lover

holding us close

 

like a mother embracing and comforting

like a father protecting

 

nightmares come

and the darkness seems unrelenting

evil seems ascendent

 

but the Comforter comes

the Helper

surrounding us with Love

 

so that we stand in the Heart of God

if only for a moment

 

but that moment is enough

 

we have caught the wind


No comments:

Post a Comment