Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, August 28, 2012

But have not love

If I speak with the languages of men and of angels, but don't have love, I have become sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal. 
                         Paul

___________________________________________________________
 
Ok
call me a schmuck
but I have this thing about love
 
I love it
 
 I love being loved
I love loving
 
Really nothing else matters very much
Nice car
Beautiful house
Most amazing place in the world to live in...
 
If I don't sense God's love
If i don't feel loved by another,
its all empty
 
But it is more than that...
I am listening to politicians talk
its all about power
money
 
where is the love?
It is just not there
it has been destroyed
by a need for power
and need for influence
 
and so instead of love there are lies
distortions
manipulations
 
God help us
 

1 comment:

  1. In AA the disease of Alcoholism is Defined as a Spirituality Malady "Lack Of Power" It is not so much the lack there of but the DESIRE for Power at any cost, risk, or lack of regard for health, safety, love of self and others. After 23 years in the program I now realize for myself that this disease is an "Ism" not just alcohol, or drugs or relationships but just about anything you can want you can want too much of, that is if you put it before God & trust it to fix, fill or finish what is nawwing at your soul. I think every one was born with a GOD Hole some place deep inside that says with out Him you are incomplete. Filling that hole with substitute artificial GODS is like eating Sawdust it fills temporarily but does nothing to nourish and when it tries to be digested watch out for splinters. The pain it causes is as bad as the unfulfilled Hunger. Maybe that original sin was an ISM the desire for power wow that sounds familiar I must be a daughter of ADAM.

    ReplyDelete