Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Starting the Day

I get to see some amazing mornings
This place is amazing and in the summer
a blood red or golden sun rises above the Seven Devils
Casting its shafts of gold through the trees
changing the darkness with the treasure of light

In the winter the sun casts its pinkish glow
over the white sentinel
that guards this valley of winding waters

But I see these miracles of morning because I am wide awake
with a mind full things that have no beauty

Worries
Fears
Tasks to be done
Tasks forgotten

My mind is full, and churning
and it is this inner chaos that frames my day....

and yet
I get to chose the frame 
I choosewhere I put my focus

I choose how I start my day

I read that the Dali Lama begins his day with this prayer
"May I be a guard for those who need protection;
 a guide for those on the path;
 a boat, a raft, a bridge for those to cross the flood;
 may I be a lamp in the darkness; a resting place for the weary, 
 and a healing medicine for all who are sick. 
 For as long as Earth and sky endure, may I assist until all living things are
 awakened."

May the God who made the mountains
The sky
The sun in all is colors
May the God who greets me each more
give me this prayer
for each day
that I may awaken
and help create awakening 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment