Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, August 22, 2012

You need not do a damn thing....

I have my little morning ritual
Every morning I get up, get a cup of coffee
and do four things
 
I read something from one of my theology or psychology books
I read through the news (today it got my spirit boiling)
I read my favorite comics on the internet (Yay, non sequitur)
and...
I read Hafiz.  Who is crazy, and irreverent, and brilliant.
 
Today's poem started with the person talking to another, I think God
 
"Tell me, love, what I need right now so that I might sing, and be alive, as my every cell craves.
Tell me, dear, what I need right now, but in a manner I won't soon forget....."
 
As the poem goes God pulls out a drum and belts out a tune.
The poem ends this way.  "Nothing to follow.. for I will move you.  
You need not do a damn thing... just laugh."
 
_________________________________
 
This morning Lord
I looked toward the day
and frankly, I'm a little tired
A little overwhelmed
 
There are so many hurts
So many people
So many needs
So many things to 
 
And frankly God, I'm not really up to it.
I don't have enough energy
Not enough love
Not enough wisdom
Not enough skill
 
Yes, God, right now it feels as if I am not enough
 
But you have always told me to ask for what I need
Lord, I need you
Lord I need your love
Lord, I need to learn to receive
 
Pull out your drum Lord
help me to dance
and remind me
that all I have to do is open wide
and recieve
and laugh

No comments:

Post a Comment