Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, August 19, 2012

Words are not enough

What can I say Lord
that will heal?

What can I say Lord
that will help?

What can I say that will 
bridge the abyss 
that lies between myself
and that person
from whom I am separated?

That person who is dying?

That person who is hurting,
facing cancer
and loss

There are times
when words are not enough
are simply not adequate

We speak them
and they hang there 
in the air

they fill the space
and become more a wall
than a channel

Sometime
there is more to be "said" in the 
silence
in the presence

in the eyes meeting
the hearts meeting

it is the Spirit (big S) in me
touching the Spirit in you
that is enough
Namaste
the sacred in me, the sacred in you
The Christ in me, the Christ in you
It is that communion
that is enough

No comments:

Post a Comment