Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, February 2, 2013

How shall I live, knowing I will die?

How shall I live, knowing I will die?  How shall I live, how would I live, if today, this day, were my last day?

Muller tells the story of a man who was dying of cancer.  One day, when it became clear that this man would die he and Wayne were talking.  The man affirmed that he was ready to go, but the said, “But sometimes, I wish I had more time. I am not afraid of death, and I know it is time, but, I also wish I could stay here.”  Muller responded by asking this question.  “What do you want your life to look like.  In this time you have left?” The man responded quickly, “I want to be kind!”

As a servant of God, who has been given gifts to use
What do I want my life to look like,  knowing that I will die?
Knowing that God might come, the King might return, anytime?

I know this may sound fear based… I don’t mean it to be
The point is simply this.  We have gifts… we have, possibly, only this day…
How, as a child of God, do we choose to live?

How do I want to live, if today is my last day?

I would seek out beauty
I would listen more carefully
I would tell people I loved them, or cared for them
I would speak the truth
I would give, and give, and give
I would love
And forgive

No comments:

Post a Comment