Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Learning and unlearning

Remember who you are
my mother would say
everytime
everytime
I would leave the house 
for a night out
in our little country town
 
as if anyone would let me forget!
 
and yet I do forget
 
I have a massive case of amnesia
 
oh it is not that I don't have an ide
of who I am
I just don't have a picture of 
who i truly am
who God created me to be
 
I have been taught you see
by so many
who I am
that my image of myself
has become blurred
 
so it is with so many of us
 
each day I listen to people who have learned
they are bad
stupid
a waste of space
selfish
weak
unworthy
unwrothy
unworthy
 
spirituality I have decided
is as much a matter of unlearning as learning
of unlearning all those things
a fallen world has taught us
 
it is a matter of going inside
and finding God
 
 for it is the moment that we find God inside ourselves
that we find ourselves inside God

and it is then that we 
unlearn that which be unlearned
and learn again
what it means to be a child
of God

No comments:

Post a Comment