Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, March 9, 2015

kissing the Sacred

When no one is looking and I want
To kiss
God

I just lift my own hand
To
My
Mouth
                                Hafiz
________________________________

It seems
Like there is very little sacred
About this body

Which carries pain
And age

It seems there is very little sacred
About this anxious mind
That worries about everything
Which desperately grabs for recognition

Very little sacred in the way I talk and don’t listen
In my inability to connect with others
At a deep level

The image of the sacred in me is very blurred
At times

And yet the sacred is woven
Into every fiber of my being

And in the being of every person I meet

Sometimes
The Sacred just needs
A
Little
affection

No comments:

Post a Comment