Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, March 5, 2015

Listening

Deep listening is the kind of listening that can help relieve the suffering of another person. You can call it compassionate listening. You listen with only one purpose: to help him or her to empty his heart. Even if he says things that are full of wrong perceptions, full of bitterness, you are still capable of continuing to listen with compassion. Because you know that listening like that, you give that person a chance to suffer less.
                                                                Thich Nhat Hanh
__________________________________________________

Sometimes
Perhaps most of the time
It don’t listen

Not deep listening

Instead my mind races ahead
Whirling
Processing

And suddenly I am not there
I am not listening

I am talking
Interrupting
Talking over

And so the other cannot empty her heart
All that is in him, needing to be said, stays there

And in the end
We both suffer
I suffer because I have failed in compassion and presence
They suffer because I have failed in compassion and presence

Sometimes l really don’t like myself
All
That
Much

O Beloved
quiet my my mind
my heart 
my soul

help me to be
present

No comments:

Post a Comment