Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, March 13, 2015

WHY?

…..become again as a child, wondering about the fundamental things, not taking any answers for granted, but having an adult’s intelligence and ability to realize that there may be various answers
                                                                Beatrice Bruteau
___________________________________________________________

Why does the sun rise?
Why is the sky blue?
Why do tomatoes make my mouth itch?
Why do people hoard?
Why do people hate?
Why do good people die?
Why do the wicked prosper? (No, these are not new questions)
Is God really as mean as people say he is?
Will God really throw 70% of all humanity into a place of torment for all eternity?
If God will do that, how is God love?
Why do make the same mistakes over and over again?
Why is it so hard for me to connect with others?
Why is my default mode to try and impress, and talk, rather than to be comfortable in my own skin, my own “place” and listen?
Why?
Why?
Why?

Because?

Perhaps there are no concrete answers
Perhaps the answer is the dynamic, loving interchange between myself and the Sacred
When I ask the question

Perhaps the answer sneaks in to my mind, my heart, my soul
When I am not looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment