Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, August 20, 2015

Gentleness as Strength

Those who see the small are called clear-headed;
Those who hold to gentleness are called strong
                                                                Lao Tzu
________________________________________

I walk through my day
Seeing the “big” things

my eyes are drawn to the people in power
those with influence
or wealth

to those who are attractive
and wise

to luxury and status
and I am tempted
oh so tempted

to immerse myself
in all the flash and sizzle
and affluence

to appear strong
and in control
affluent

and yet
my soul knows
and whispers to my heart this truth

that the Sacred One
is the Lord of the small

who has a special place for
those who are the least

the hurting
the silent ones

those invisible
hidden souls

and my soul knows
that when I see with the eyes
of love and grace

and seek to walk
with a quiet strength

to walk through the darkness
with those who feel
lost and alone

to hold them
gently in love

that I am
truly
a child
of
God

and am truly
strong

No comments:

Post a Comment