Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, August 17, 2015

Good Friends

May you be blessed with good friends
May you learn to be a good friend to yourself?
May you be able to journey to that place in your soul
Where there is great love, warmth, feeling and forgiveness
                                                John O’Donohue, Anam Cara, p. 36
_______________________________________________

I am a radical
Introvert

For some reason
I never did learn
How to connect well with others

And so I have few friends
I am mostly
Alone
Even when in the midst of many

And I am rarely a friend to myself
(darn negative self talk)

Ah to rest in Sacred love
And find in that warmth and love, and forgiveness

A resting place

And in that place
A capacity
To be
connected

No comments:

Post a Comment