Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, August 25, 2015

If God Wills

Some people work and become wealthy
Others do the same and remain poor
Marriage fills one with energy,
And other it drains.
Don’t trust ways, they change.
A means flails about like a donkey’s tail.
Always add the gratitude clause
To any sense, if God wills,
Then go….
                                Rumi, Quoted by Jack Kornfield, “A Path With a Heart” p.33
___________________________________________________________________

I’d like to think I have some
vague
clue
about what is going on

I don’t

not even close

why people who are cruel and greedy
and bigoted prosper
I will never understand

why good people suffer
and die
and live in poverty
with their glad and generous hearts
disturbs my soul

but so it is
and so it has been

the Bible is a morass
of contradictions
that can be used to promote
both cruelty and compassion

exclusion and inclusion
blessings and curses

go figure

all I can do
is the best that I can do
all I can do is go deep
not into what are ultimately human words and rules
but into the depths of my soul
where the Sacred lives
and brings alive
my heart
my mind

where Spirit enlivens and informs

all I can do is put one foot in front of the other
live one action at a time
and

say
“if God wills”

Believing the Sacred will honor
and use
my heartfelt
intentions
for
good

No comments:

Post a Comment