Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, August 26, 2017

nothing in return

“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.”
                             Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
________________________________________

Who do I see each day

I look at many people
But who do I see?

It seems so simple really
to really notice another
after all
they are right there in front of me

but do I see the fear
the hurt
the pain
do I understand the questions
the doubt?

and how do I respond
not toward those who approval I want, or need
not toward those who are affluent or powerful

but to that person who is just there
just there
being who they are
being tired and depleted?

Do I stop
focus
listen
to I act in a caring way?
do they feel as if I care?

I wonder
I truly

wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment