Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, August 31, 2017

souls weep

The worst type of crying wasn't the kind everyone could see--the wailing on street corners, the tearing at clothes. No, the worst kind happened when your soul wept and no matter what you did, there was no way to comfort it. A section withered and became a scar on the part of your soul that survived.
                                                                                       Katie McGarry, Pushing the Limits
_________________________

Sometimes our souls weep
We cannot help it

A young woman is crushed by a car
Driven by hate
A man is driven by hate
And he too is crushed by the weight and consequences of that hate

Each day starts with the sun rising
Beautiful
Powerful
And my souls says this day will not be like other days

But each day my heart descends from my chest into my stomach.
It soon seems as if nothing is right
All is falsehood, and greed, and hate
And I can no longer take another justification, another rationalization

I just can’t

And I say to myself
It will be OK
And I say to myself, maybe the Sacred has this

But I am stunned by the magnitude of my grief, I am alone in this pain
And I carry it
In my heart
And it tears and rends, and scars my soul

As if I had not done enough
On my own
To wound myself

And those scars
Those scars, disfigure my heart
My soul


Until my soul contains more scar tissue than life 

No comments:

Post a Comment