Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, August 23, 2017

the beginning of love

“The beginning of love is the will to let those we love be perfectly themselves, the resolution not to twist them to fit our own image.”
                              Thomas Merton, The Way of Chuang Tzu
__________________________

I do not want to be judged
Certainly not

I do not wanted to be tolerated
As if I were a nagging pain

I don’t want to be loved in parts
(we like this, but frankly we don’t like that!)

I want to be loved the way I am
Accepted, completely

Oh I know, there are things that can be improved
And things that ought to be changed

I am not asking for blanket approval

Just loved, as I am
Perhaps with hope
Perhaps with patience

But loved
By someone
Anyone

you know
loved by a human (or two)
the way I am loved
thank God
by
God

No comments:

Post a Comment