Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, August 21, 2018

step by step


If you can see you path laid out in front of you step by step, you know it’s not your path.  Your own path you make with every step you take.  That’s why it’s your path.
                                                                                          Joseph Campbell
__________________________________________________________

Here I am, wandering into my 67 year
And I really have no idea where I am going

And that is a good thing

For too much of my life I have tried to lay out my path
I have counted my steps
Mapped out my future

I have been careful
Controlled
An old soul

I was going to be doctor, until I discovered that science and I hate each other
Than a super star pastor
So I set my path, and followed it
Pushing through the undergrowth of doubt and low self esteem
Until I climb to the top
And stepped off a cliff

There is nothing wrong with setting a direction for your life
To know what you value,
And live toward that value

I value service,
Being a help to others;

There is nothing wrong with living toward that compass point

I value lifting others up
And value compassion

And I can live toward those things every day

But I do not have to follow the path others have set for me
Or even the path I have set for myself

All I have to do is put one foot in front of the other
Left foot, right foot, left foot, breathe

All I have to do is live in the moment
And notice what I am thinking, and accept what I am feeling
And do what I care about

Living in the moment the path unfolds before me as I go
I am not stuck with an agenda that may well be wrong
A goal that may well be unobtainable
I am not burdened by what has gone before

I just live
Love
Care
Give

Open to what is in front of me
Open to who is in front of me

Walking down
My path
Wherever it may lead

No comments:

Post a Comment