Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, January 22, 2019

grow


“According to the Talmud, every blade of grass has its own angel bending over it, whispering, “Grow, grow.”
― Barbara Brown Taylor, An Altar in the World: A Geography of Faith
___________________________________________________________

Angels watching over me O Lord
Angels watching over me!

as the wind blows
and bends me toward the earth

as age slows my body and my mind

as I drag along
old wounds and hurts
old hate
into the new day

as I stand
weakly rooted in the fabric of the universe
Sacred is calling
grow
grow

be joyful
be loving
be generous

let the Sacred without
awaken
the Sacred within

stretch your very being toward the
heavens

and grow

No comments:

Post a Comment