Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Our Original Self


Maybe the journey isn’t so much about becoming anything.
Maybe it’s about un-becoming everything that isn’t really you,
so you can be who you were meant to be in the first place.
                                                                        Paulo Coelho
________________________________________________

We are Sacred Children
All of us

All of us carry Sacred DNA
And all of us bear the image of the One who birthed us

The ones who birthed us in the flesh
And the One who birthed us spiritually

For we are flesh and Spirit
Merged together

Earth bound
Heaven bound

Sadly the image can be blurred
Our bodies carrying the scars of what we have experienced
Our failures, our fears
Our excesses
Out obsessions and addictions

Sometimes the mother/father is barely visible
In the flesh we carry

I believe I have my mother’s eyes
My father’s smile
I have that missing tooth, that crooked back
They gave me

And yet I no longer look like them
The world has changed me

Sometimes the Sacred is barely visible as well
I am permeated with the Spirit
With love

And my life should be the natural expression of that presence (Dallas Willard)
And yet it is not

I have learned too many earthly things
I have learned to hate, to fear
I have learned to hunger for power and wealth
I have learned not to trust
I have learned to protect

And thus the Spirit calls me back
Back to compassion
Back to joy
Back to generosity
Back to kindness

It calls me to let go of all the things I have learned
All of the things I have picked up and chosen to carry
That are not God

It may be true that God makes us into new creations
But that new creation may be nothing more
And nothing less
Than our original self

And so the Spirit calls all of us
One by one
By name

Come! Be who you are!


No comments:

Post a Comment