Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, March 8, 2019

Say it


You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe (I), oh I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
I believe
                                    Lauren Daigle
__________________________________

there are times
when everything the world around us rages
crashing against our of “self”
battering
assaulting
wearing us down
wearing us away

eroding us until we become thin
almost ghost like
no longer at home in the world
no longer at home in our own skin

there are times
when no matter what we do for ourselves
when all the practices in the world
cannot rescue us

all our neat tricks
deep breathing
meditation
music
even walks with happy dog
in full beauty of winter

are not enough

in such moments it is nice to hear
that someone believes in you
so that you can believe in yourself

human voices are nice
those voices that say ‘thank you”
“I appreciate you”
“nice job”

I hear such voices
from 80 and 90 year old ranch widows
who have seen and done it all
from younger folk
and yes, from children
with their energy and hug and smiles

and it all counts

but it is when I understand
it is when I “hear”
in whatever way it is that we hear from the Sacred
that I am enough
that I am strong
that I am loved

that the world
becomes a different place
and I once again find my place
and my role in it

it is then
that I believe
in myself
in hope
in love

the thing is
relationships are often the bridge
God/Spirit/Sacred/Love
Walks over

that voice of the Sacred is often
found in the voice of another person

how many people are out there
who just need to hear from one person
“you count”
“you are special”
“you are loved”

and this day
each day
fine someone
anyone
and let them know
that you love them
and God does too

say it
live it, though welcome and acceptance
through forgiveness and generosity
and compassion

help them
believe

No comments:

Post a Comment