Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, May 3, 2019

Getting Lost (on the way home)


“You can get lost on your way home. You can get lost looking for love. You can get lost between jobs. You can get lost looking for God. However it happens, take heart. Others before you have found a way in the wilderness, where there are as many angels as there are wild beasts, and plenty of other lost people too. All it takes is one of them to find you. All it takes is you to find one of them
                                                                        Barbara Brown Taylor
______________________________________________

I got lost today
Sometime between breakfast
And that phone call from the office telling me a client was waiting

A client added to my schedule AFTER the last time I checked
(not an easy task, involving going through 4 levels of security into an electronical
Medical record system).

I got lost in progress notes
Emails
Spreadsheets
Meeting agendas

Lost in texts and email
Lost in phone calls
Lost in chronic interruptions

As I raced to town
Hoping to get to my office
Before my client gave up on me

I was flustered
Angry
Resentful
Blaming
Self-blaming

Lost

Sub human

And then
Angels

People filled with grace
And a lot of patience

People needing grace from me

At the end of Mr Toad’s wild ride to
Town, someone waited
Needing an angel

Someone to listen
To care
To be patient

At the end of the road there was also
An angel
There was a smile
A hug
And lots of patience

For me, these day
My spirituality is very much a matter of lost and find
I lose my way and find it
I find it and lose

But it is also a matter of angels
People needing love
People giving love

People sharing
People listening

Today I got lost
But now I am found
(until I’m not)

No comments:

Post a Comment