Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Letting God be enough

"I might have to start charging God rent
unless he starts doing more around the house"
                                                    Hafiz

The sense that we are in life alone 
and must do it ourselves, is not only difficult
but sometimes, I think, actually makes us a bit frustrated
sometimes even angry....

the question I always ask is whether God
as Hafiz puts it, "is locked in a room in me playing hard to get"
because I have locked God there

or does God seem silent 
because God has chosen not to participate in my life?

I suspect I know the answer
what does it mean for me to open my heart
to God's presence
to be open enough that the
presence of God can grow
and move
and fill me

until I have a sense of
"enough"
and thus a sense of peace

Blessings

2 comments:

  1. I have always concidered God as a Broadcasting station continually sending out His message and me as the reciever continually messing with the dial tuning it away from His signal. If I could just sit on my hands and quit dinking with the dial I believe I would be in tune with His desires for my heart.

    ReplyDelete