Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Close to the Heart

I sometimes imagine
walking with Jesus

its difficult sometimes
to put myself in the picture
how would it have been
how would I have been

I think about those who met him
the eager ones, rushing toward him
wanting to establish
a place
right there
next to him!

at the right hand!
me

of those confrontive ones
who found he violated
all that the stood for
who hated who he was
and wanted to twist
his words
his teachings
to make him in their image
 
or destroy him
 
I think about those who lurked
around the edges of the crowd
almost daring
almost
to speak, to reach out
to look him in the eye
 
of those who quietly listened
 
but mostly I remember John
beloved
at that last meal
leaning back
melting into the
embrace of Christ
looking up
asking
questioning 
seeking
becoming one
 
melting
getting closer to the heart of Jesus
and coming closer
to his own heart
allowing Jesus heart to become
the heart of his heart

No comments:

Post a Comment