Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Settling into the Divine

The journey
Through the peaks and valleys of our existence
Is twisted and full of pitfalls

and we
 in our fragility
 often get broken

and
Like bottles tossed carelessly to the side of the road.
we lie
 shattered, in pieces,
irregular fragments glistening in the sun
Raw edges, sharp and tortured,

There are pieces of us scattered along the roads we have traveled,
                                                                SK


distracted
scattered
fragmented
is often how I feel

I do it to my self
mental health program
church
home
animals
emails
blog
internet
phone
meetings 
clients
more meetings

run 
rush
plugged in
unplugged
it doesn't really matter

my head is roaring
and I am pulled a thousand directions
do this 
do that
don't forget
I forgot
Oh My God!

and that is why
there is a need in my life
as in every life to find a point of focus
a place to be
where the spinning world 
can settle

I love the story about the murky pool of water
which when tossed by wind
or swirled by a hand is cloudy
but
which when calm
when all the pieces of dirt and rock have settled
become clear

our minds, our souls, our hearts are like that 
we need to settle 
to stop
to let all the debris gently drift down 
leaving us able to see

the point of focus
the center on which
I wish to rest
the place I want to come to with a 
kind of wholeness,
integrally
with all my energy
is the Sacred, the Divine One

I want to learn how to 
get my entire soul involved, my entire mind, my entire heart

I believe
that in my scattered existance
this kind of love toward God
is the greatest thing
can
do 

No comments:

Post a Comment