Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, January 24, 2013

Eyes that see

sometimes
I seems like I have very small eyes

I remember as a child that green chalkboard
looming large and dark in the front of the classroom
while my teacher
chalk in hand

scribbled things that looked like nothing more
than vague white lines
waving their slow way across the empty expanse

then one day
with spectacles propped
on my then button nose
I looked to that same board and saw
miracle
letters and numbers galore
 
I remember going home and looking 
upon the familiar juniper laden hills behind my home
and seeing, for the first time
from afar
fences, and rocks
and yes
trees
 
clarity
 
perhaps I need a new set of glasses
perhaps at my age I need trifocals
to bring into crisper image
those things I cannot see
 
I see vaguely
this world
and what is see is confusing
and often dark and frightening
I see the hate and fear
I see emptiness where,
in my minds eye love and companionship should be
 
I walk through life stumbling and falling
groping blindly
and missing
miracles
 
God
give me eyes that see
 
everything

No comments:

Post a Comment