Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, January 16, 2013

We need a new God

"We get the kind of world
we ourselves create by our faith.
Change the faith, change the assumptions and the perceptions will change
Change the perceptions and the attitudes will change
Change the attitudes and the actions will change
Change your faith, and your get a new world."
                                                    Beatrice Bruteau


What kind of world
am I creating God?

Is my faith in a God who is distant and uncaring?
Is my faith in a God who is threatening
or rewarding, or punishing?

Is my faith all about fear
and measuring up
being judged
being "in" or "out"
due to my own deservedness?

Then my world will be one
where people judge who is in
and who is out
where we see people as friends or enemies
superior or inferior

it will be a world of fear
and hate
and anger
of posturing 
it will be 
the world we have


If my God is a God of generosity
and unconditional love
of hope 
and acceptance
of grace.


then fear will be cast out
love will win
and I will be free
to love myself
to love and accept others
to feel safe
in the everlasting arms
and in safety

give

I think I
I think we
need a new God

not really a new God
just a newly found God
who has been here
from all eternity

1 comment: