Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Forgetting who I am

Sometimes I need to remember
to remember a saturday morning
a smile
the gentle touch of the breeze
the warmth of early love
the time when God was really present

Sometimes I forget
hard words
bad choices
failures to love
blur my vision
and I can no longer remember
what is sacred
I forget, myself
I forget the Divine

Sometimes I forget
because I am simply moving too fast
rushing through life
barely tasting
the sweet nectar

Lord teach me to know
what to remember
thank you for reminding me
to take time for the Sacred on the sabbath
for the meal of remembrance
the bread and the wine

thank for days that blossom new
with gentle breezes
and blue skies
new choices
new chances

thank you for people
and rivers 
and mountains
and moments of love

that startle me into remembrance
and slow me down
so I might savor
you
 
and remember who
in you 
I am

No comments:

Post a Comment